Davis Park Church of Christ
Sunday’s Sermon, Sunday at 10:45am
Christmas is not about a Santa. It’s about a Savior. It’s not about jingle bells. It’s about Jesus. That’s why we celebrate this holiday.
There is a deeper truth than that. In this series of lessons we will look deeper to see what God wants us to understand concerning the Savior He gave to us.
1. Do you have a drawer or a closet full of sample-size toiletries collected from hotels, etc.? These items are the perfect size for us to include in our food bags that we give to those in need. These items may be donated along with your food items for the pantry.
2. We are in need of volunteers for the pantry ~ people who can meet with those who come to us for food, visit with them, help them with the required paperwork, give them food, and invite them to church, Bible class, Celebrate Recovery, etc. We have an opening on Wednesday mornings from 10 am to 10:30 am. If you would like to help, please contact the office.
3. The Hospitality Ministry is looking for new members. If you would like to help serve in the Holy Grounds Cafe and with other events, please contact Michael or Susan Brown.
4. Wayne Coulter is looking for men or women interested in serving as security for the church every Sunday morning & Wednesday night on a weekly rotation. If interested, please contact Wayne at 209-204-8642.
DEC 17 Cookies & Caroling / 7 pm / Parkview
DEC 19 Young Families Christmas Party / 6:30 pm / Rumble Rd. Foyer RSVP to Tonya Barnard @ 604-6262
DEC 24-25 Office Closed for Christmas
DEC 27 Monthly Work Day / 8 am
A couple of boxes of old pictures have recently been donated. These pictures include directory photos, youth events, VBS, Bible Bowl, Fireworks & Ice Cream, camping trips, etc. These pictures will be available for members to take. They will be at the Connection Center on Sundays and in the office during the week.
Contact Info for our Shut-Ins
- Carol Ellis, Valley Comfort, 2809 Lou Ann Dr., Rm. 44, Modesto 95350
- Ralph Heinrich, Valley Comfort, 2809 Lou Ann Dr., Modesto 95350
- Betty McGoldrick, 234 Preakness Circle, Manteca 95337
- Audra Shafer, Bethel Assisted Living, 2345 Scenic Dr., Modesto 95355
- Mary Smith, 814 Virginia Street, Manteca 95337
- Jewel Walton, English Oaks
- Earl & Evelyn Wood, Bethel Assisted Living, 2345 Scenic Ave., Modesto 95355
- Dec 17 / 7 pm / Parkview, Cookies & Caroling
- Dec 20 / 3 pm / Teen Room Have Yourselfie a Very Merry Christmas
- Dec 29 / 6 pm /College & Senior HS Student Event/ Darrel & Ellen Newman’s
- Jan. 17-19 / 65.00/teen Winter Retreat @ Daybreak
Registration Deadline is Jan. 4 more info to come (ms and hs students)
Contact Jordan: Facebook: Jordan-Corridan Coss
For updates on events etc., join the “Davis Park Youth Group” page
You are invited to join Celebrate Recovery on Thursday nights
Our large group starts at 6:30pm
This month’s lineup includes:
12/18: Lesson Night **Relapse
Christmas; We will be here on 12/25 from 6:30 – 7:30pm
Step 11: We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.” Colossians 3:16
Principle 7: Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
Contact Info for our Shut-Ins
Carol Ellis, Valley Comfort, 2809 Lou Ann Dr., Rm. 44, Modesto 95350
Ralph Heinrich, Valley Comfort, 2809 Lou Ann Dr., Modesto 95350
Betty McGoldrick, 234 Preakness Circle, Manteca 95337
Audra Shafer, Bethel Assisted Living, 2345 Scenic Dr., Modesto 95355
Mary Smith, 814 Virginia Street, Manteca 95337
Jewel Walton, English Oaks
Earl & Evelyn Wood, Bethel Assisted Living, 2345 Scenic Ave., Modesto 95355
***Please submit additions, corrections & updates to this list to the office.
- Augustin Das ~ strugling with heart issues
- Mary Benitez ~ struggling with fibromyalgia
- Helen Hinton ~ sister-in-law Francelle is in her final days
- Melissa Shook ~ hospitalized with infection in left leg
- Alan Russell ~ hospitalized with blood clots
- Mike Cobleigh ~ neighbor Mike Brunson’s father passed away
- Jennifer Andre ~ getting married
- Janet Lugenbeal ~ friend Susan diagnosed with breast cancer
- The Family of Cammie Barksdale ~ mourning her loss
- John Ford & Family ~ mourning the loss of aunt Audrey
- Jewel Walton ~ at English Oaks recovering from hip surgery
- Betty Bussey ~ recovering from knee replacement surgery
- Deanna Collins ~ recovering from brain surgery
Continue to Pray for Better Health & Strength
Carol Ellis, Ralph & Mary Ellen Heinrich, Clyde & Joyce Percival, Roy & Mary Whitehead, Margaret Touchton, Theo Roberts, Hilda Dunn, Sue Hefley, Robert Osegueda
Loved ones with cancer
Deanna Collins / John Greff / Alex Cobleigh / Ralph Heinrich / Cammie Barksdale / Evelyn Lewis / Jody Thompson’s sister / Elene Patton’s father / Ron Bates / Don Clasby / Lloyd Seagraves / Rosemary Foster’s Daughter-in-law / Linda Teixeira’s cousin Valerie Christoph
- Weekly Home Bible Study Groups and Small Group Meetings One-on-One Bible Studies are available as requested.
- Celebrate Recovery meets each Thursday from 6:30-8:30 pm. Young at Heart, a senior exercise class—Mon/Wed/Fri from 10:30-11:30 am.
- Alanon & Alateen groups meet every Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 pm
December 14 – Joan Ortloff
December 15 – Amy Castillo & Ben Newman
December 16 – Carey Higginbotham & Jesse Magana III
December 17 – Ron Newman & Ryan Higginbotham
December 18 – Mack Wilson & Ruby Jean Kennedy
December 19 – Art Long & Russ Wooten
December 15 – Doyle & Mani Graham