Our congregation has long maintained a food pantry to share with others who need a bag of groceries to tide them over. Our food pantry is staffed by volunteers, and open to the public Monday and Friday at 10-10:30am & again at 1:30-2pm.
We spend some time visiting with each person who requests help. We also offer a Bible and a copy of “People of the Park” with the explanation: “Each of the seven true stories is about a family from this church. By reading these stories, you will see that God can touch anybody’s life—including yours. This is a safe place to worship.”
Each person who comes to us is in need of so much more than just food. So, we also ask if the visitor has any needs that we might pray about. When these individuals open up to us about their lives and their needs, our eyes are also opened to see more than just a person in need of food, but a child of God in need of love and forgiveness from a God big enough to handle all of their problems.
The Davis Park Food Pantry is a blessing, not only to the families who come to us for food, but even more so for those of us honored to give it to them.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Prayer Request Notifications
- 2017-02-19 Nick Perez - There They Crucified Him February 19, 2017They Crucified Him, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 2/20/17. John 19:18; “There they crucified Him”
- Victory in Jesus February 12, 2017Victory in Jesus, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 2/12/17. I John 5:4-5; For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus […]
- 2017-02-05 Nick Perez - Desiring God in Prayer February 5, 2017EPIC Prayer; Desiring God in Prayer, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 2/5/17. Psalms 63:1; O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
- 2017-01-29 Nick Perez - Pouring Out Our Hearts January 29, 2017EPIC Prayer; Pouring out our Hearts, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 1/29/17. Psalms 62:8; Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.
- Epic Prayer; Unclaimed Blessings January 22, 2017Epic Prayer; Unclaimed Blessings, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 1/22/17. Hebrews 11:6; And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
- 2017-02-19 Nick Perez - There They Crucified Him February 19, 2017