Our congregation has long maintained a food pantry to share with others who need a bag of groceries to tide them over. Our food pantry is staffed by volunteers, and open to the public Monday and Friday at 10-10:30am & again at 1:30-2pm.
We spend some time visiting with each person who requests help. We also offer a Bible and a copy of “People of the Park” with the explanation: “Each of the seven true stories is about a family from this church. By reading these stories, you will see that God can touch anybody’s life—including yours. This is a safe place to worship.”
Each person who comes to us is in need of so much more than just food. So, we also ask if the visitor has any needs that we might pray about. When these individuals open up to us about their lives and their needs, our eyes are also opened to see more than just a person in need of food, but a child of God in need of love and forgiveness from a God big enough to handle all of their problems.
The Davis Park Food Pantry is a blessing, not only to the families who come to us for food, but even more so for those of us honored to give it to them.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Prayer Request Notifications
- EPIC Family - Wives May 21, 2017EPIC Family; Wives, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 5/21/17. Ephesians 5:22-24 – Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior […]
- 2017-05-14 Nick Perez - Epic Mothers May 14, 2017EPIC Families; Mothers I Timothy 1:5 – For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well.
- EPIC Family - State of the Union May 7, 2017Epic Family - State of the Union, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 5/7/17. Colossians 3:18-21 – Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them. Children, be obedient to your parents in […]
- 2017-04-16 Nick Perez - Six Hours at the Cross May 1, 2017Six Hours at the Cross, sermon by Nick Perez on Easter Sunday 4/16/17 at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA. John 19:30 – Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.
- 2017-04-30 Kerry Williams - The Church A Real Community April 30, 2017The Church A Real Community, Sermon by guest speaker Kerry Williams at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 4/30/17. Acts 2:44 – And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common.
- EPIC Family - Wives May 21, 2017