Our congregation has long maintained a food pantry to share with others who need a bag of groceries to tide them over. Our food pantry is staffed by volunteers, and open to the public Monday and Friday at 10-10:30am & again at 1:30-2pm.
We spend some time visiting with each person who requests help. We also offer a Bible and a copy of “People of the Park” with the explanation: “Each of the seven true stories is about a family from this church. By reading these stories, you will see that God can touch anybody’s life—including yours. This is a safe place to worship.”
Each person who comes to us is in need of so much more than just food. So, we also ask if the visitor has any needs that we might pray about. When these individuals open up to us about their lives and their needs, our eyes are also opened to see more than just a person in need of food, but a child of God in need of love and forgiveness from a God big enough to handle all of their problems.
The Davis Park Food Pantry is a blessing, not only to the families who come to us for food, but even more so for those of us honored to give it to them.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Prayer Request Notifications
- 2017-04-23 Buddy Gray - Looking Up April 23, 2017Looking Up, sermon by Buddy Gray at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 4/23/17. Acts 1:9-11 – And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And as they were gazing intently into the sky while […]
- 2017-04-09 Nick Perez - Listen To Him April 9, 2017EPIC Life; Listen To Him, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 4/9/17. Luke 9:35 – Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
- 2017-04-02 Nick Perez - Epic Life Captive Christians April 4, 2017EPIC Life; Captive Christians, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 4/2/17. Luke 9:25 – For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?
- 2017-03-26 Nick Perez - Casual Christians March 26, 2017EPIC Life Christians, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 3/27/17. Luke 9:23 – And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
- 2017-03-19 Nick Perez - Lean Not on Your Own Understanding March 21, 2017EPIC Life; Lean Not on Your Own Understanding. Sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 3/19/17. Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
- 2017-04-23 Buddy Gray - Looking Up April 23, 2017