Our congregation has long maintained a food pantry to share with others who need a bag of groceries to tide them over. Our food pantry is staffed by volunteers, and open to the public Monday and Friday at 10-10:30am & again at 1:30-2pm.
We spend some time visiting with each person who requests help. We also offer a Bible and a copy of “People of the Park” with the explanation: “Each of the seven true stories is about a family from this church. By reading these stories, you will see that God can touch anybody’s life—including yours. This is a safe place to worship.”
Each person who comes to us is in need of so much more than just food. So, we also ask if the visitor has any needs that we might pray about. When these individuals open up to us about their lives and their needs, our eyes are also opened to see more than just a person in need of food, but a child of God in need of love and forgiveness from a God big enough to handle all of their problems.
The Davis Park Food Pantry is a blessing, not only to the families who come to us for food, but even more so for those of us honored to give it to them.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Prayer Request Notifications
- 2017-09-17 Nick Perez - When Others Let You Down September 17, 2017EPIC Fail - When Others Let You Down, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 9/17/17. Ephesians 4:32; Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
- 2017-09-10 Nick Perez - Making the Same Mistake Twice September 10, 2017EPIC Fail - Making the Same Mistake Twice, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 9/10/17. Psalms 32:1-2; How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,Whose sin is covered! How blessed is the manto whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no […]
- 2017-09-03 Nick Perez - When You've Blown It September 3, 2017EPIC Fail; When You've Blown It, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 9/3/17. II Corinthians 7:10; For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.
- 2017-08-27 Nick Perez - An Ethical Lie August 27, 2017An Ethical Lie, Sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 8/27/17. I John 4:20; If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not […]
- Wise Use of Social Media August 20, 2017Wise Use of Social Media, sermon by Nick Perez at Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto CA on 8/20/17. Wise Use of Social Media – Proverbs 4:23 Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.
- 2017-09-17 Nick Perez - When Others Let You Down September 17, 2017