Davis Park Church of Christ
Sunday’s Sermon, May 4th at 10:45
The Right Touch
Buddy Gray will be talking about VALUES and how values are actually decisions that we make. In Colossians Paul tells us that we, as Christians, should put on various VALUES including: Compassion, Humility, Gentleness, Patience and Love.
Sunday, May 4th / following worship / Family Room (MPR).
Honoring Shelby and Eleanor Jane Morrison. Join us in celebrating Eleanor’s arrival. Lunch provided. Shellby is registered at Target and Babies R Us.wedding showers
Saturday, May 24th / 2 pm / Family Room (MPR)
Honoring Jim & Bonnie Greff. Mark your calendars; more details to follow.
Sunday, June 22nd / following worship / Family Room (MPR)
Honoring Kenny & Kristi Bishop. Mark your calendars; more details to follow.
Digging Deeper Bible Study
Sundays / 5pm / Conference Room
Are you ready to dig a little deeper & take your Bible knowledge below the surface through the nuances, culture & history that will really bring the Bible to life? Then join us as Jack Hairston answers your questions & gives you insights you may never have even thought about.
Asylum in the Teen Room
Wednesday @ 7pm: “Raised: Finding Jesus by Doubting the
Sunday @ 9:45 am: “Amplify” begins today
Senior Sunday / Graduation Party
Sunday, May 25th More info to follow
Veggie Tales Movie Event
Saturday, May 17th / 11am – 1pm / Family Room (MPR)
A Free Fun Family Event! Hot Dog lunch at 11:00 am with movie & popcorn to follow. Bring your friends & blast off into outerspace for the afternoon.
Thursday at 5:30pm
Join us on the first Thursday of every month at 5:30pm to have dinner. Then stay afterwards to experience Celebrate Recovery for yourself. Dinner is free to first time guests & only $3 for everyone else.
Thursday at 6:30pm
If you struggle with hurts, hang-ups or habits (and don’t we all), we invite you to join us as we journey together on the road to recovery. If you’d like to know more about our Celebrate Recovery program, please check us out on Facebook.
- Worship begins at 6:30 pm
- Open Share Groups at 7:30 pm
- Holy Grounds Cafe Fellowship at 8:30 pm
- Childcare is provided
Wednesday at 7pm
On the first Wednesday of each month, all classes will meet in the auditorium for a time of worship & prayer.
- Steve Cain placed membership last Sunday.
- Please be sure to get to know him and make him feel welcome.
- We rejoiced with the Carlson family on Wednesday night as
- Neil Carlson was baptized into Christ by Jordan.
Recent Prayer Requests
- Rosemary Foster, daughter-in-law diagnosed with breast cancer
- Ron Klieder, better health
- Lawrence & Twila McCullough, better health
- Joanne Jones, recovering from back surgery
- Grace Wolf, better health and strength
- Austin Bieker, recovering from surgery for a broken elbow
- Sharlyn Walton, diagnosed with autoimmune disease
- Suzi Tornberg, strength & encouragement as she faces struggles at work
- Cammie Barksdale, healing & peace in her cancer struggle
- Monica Jimenez, praise! sister-in-law’s surgery to remove a brain tumor went well & the tumor was benign
- Rosell Johnson, friend, Bonnie, has liver cancer
- Biard Family, strength & encouragement while dealing with family health struggles
Continue to Pray for…
- Ralph & Mary Ellen Heinrich, Joyce & Clyde Percival, Roy & Mary Whitehead, Ray & Betty Lema— prayers for health & strength
- Margaret Touchton, Iva Heckenliable, Theo Roberts, Hilda Dunn & Sue Hefley—better health
Pray for Loved Ones with Cancer
Deanna Collins / John Greff / Alex Cobleigh / Ralph Heinrich / Cammie Barksdale / Amelia Mendoza /Evelyn Lewis / Jody Thompson’s sister / Jose Urbina / Myrna Westmoreland / Elene Patton’s father / Josephine Kramer / John Bailey’s father / Ron Bates / Bernadette Younger / Connie Parsons / Don Clasby / Lloyd Seagraves / David McCaig / Carol Forest
5/1/14 – Shirley Poulter, 5/2/14 – Aimee Barnard, 5/3/14 – Trevor Ryan, 5/5/14 – Kari Laguna and 5/6/14 – Doni Archibeque, Happy Birthday to you all!
Start thinking about…
We will start collecting school supplies in August.