Davis Park Church of Christ
6/4/2017~ Sunday’s Sermon by Nick Perez
EPIC Family, Epic Kids; Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.
- Jun 6 Monthly Singing / 7 pm / Murphys
- Jun 11 Journeys of Triumph Book Launch / Potluck to follow
- Jun 13 Senior Saints Potluck / noon / Hughson
- Jun 24 Monthly Workday / 8 am / Parking Lot
- Jun 25 Monthly Potluck / noon / Family Room
- Jul 9 100th Birthday Party for Theo Roberts / after church more info to come
Hughson Christian School is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time teaching position beginning with the 2017-2018 school term. Applicants should be working towards a valid credential to teach in elementary grades and must be a member of the church of Christ in good standing. Please contact Sheila Parnell at (209)883-2874 for details.
Bible Camp registration forms are at the Connection Center.
The sequel to People of the Park, “Journeys of Triumph” From Shadows to Light will be here June 11, 2017!
Opportunity to Make a Difference
We would like to bless Toby and his children Alec, Kaden, and Kalee with meals during this very difficult time in their family. Toby is the son-in-law of Carolyn Beck and brother-in-law to Craig Beck. Please deliver meals between 5 and 6pm. Toby’s address and phone number are listed on the takethemameal.com page. If you are unable to get a hold of Toby, contact Irene Beck at 209-380-1745.
Please type this link into your browser to sign up: http://www.takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=VHTN1044
- Mary Ellen Heinrich, Remolona Family Guest Home, 360 Button Ave., Manteca, CA 95336
- Betty McGoldrick, Prestige Senior Living, 1130 Empire Ave., Manteca 95336 (Hospice Care)
- Earl & Evelyn Wood, Bethel Assisted Living, 2345 Scenic Ave., Apt. 323, Modesto 95355
***Please submit additions, corrections & updates to this list to the office.
Recent Prayer Requests
- Ron Collins & Family
- Russ Wooten – deployed
- The Beck Family – mourning the loss of Gina
- Buddy Gray – sister Linda hospitalized with congestive heart failure
- Sharron Hillman – strength to deal with family turmoil
- Linda Teixeira – some family struggles re- solved; awaiting cancer treatment plan
- Bob Vergara – struggling with anger
- Yuri Duran – spiritual strength Manny Torres – safety for his family as he travels for work
- Laura Lopez – boyfriend Martin Puentes to come to know the Lord
- Lawrence & Twila McCullough – preparing for Lawrence to be moved to Acacia care facility
- Monique Jetton – dad, Ben has pancreatic cancer
- The Cain Family – mourning the loss of Steve
- Gabriel & Rashima Hall – mourning the loss of Rashima’s sister
- Kathy Dee – mourning the loss of grandson Kevin
- Suzi Tornberg – student, Ian struggling with chemo side effects
- Barbara Trager – peace & understanding as she studies the Bible
Pray for Health & Strength:
Bonnie Brewer, Liz Newman, Jim Calibro, Lawrence McCullough, Sherry Day, Robert Osegueda, Barbara Dunn, Joyce Percival, Sue Hefley, Theo Roberts, Mary Ellen Heinrich, Jose Manuel Rufino, Vickie Laguna, Barbara Trager, Cristian Lopez, Mary Whitehead, Laura Lopez
Continued Prayer for Loved Ones with Cancer:
Marianne Durso, John Greff, Bob Hinton, Ron Bates, Holly Calibro, Allegria Rice, Julia Galloway’s sister, Elene Patton’s father, Julie Vergara’s dad, Jody Thompson’s sister, Max & Jeanette Allen’s daughter-in-law, Rosemary Foster’s Daughter-in-law, Dick Lightfoot, Ernie Trutner, Amelia Mendoza, Lloyd Seagraves