Davis Park Church of Christ
May 18th at 10:45
A Church for All People
Matthew 25:35 ~ for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
Our pantry serves an average of 50 hungry families every month. We need volunteers who are willing to hand out food, visit with, and pray with them. Pantry hours that need to be filled are Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 to 2:00. See Ron Kemper or a staff member for more information.
The pantry needs: Spaghetti sauce, spaghetti noodles, saltine crackers, 2lb bags of rice, 2lb bags of pinto beans, hot cereal, cold cereal, peanut butter, jelly, chili beans, Spaghetti O’s, Betty Crocker Complete Meals.
Veggie tales movie event
A Free Fun Family Event!
This Saturday, May 17th / 11am – 1pm / Family Room (MPR)
Hot Dog lunch at 11:00 am with movie & popcorn to follow. Bring your friends & blast off into outerspace for the afternoon.
Are you connected?
If you would like to receive prayer requests, updates and other information from the church, dfmake sure to let us know by providing your email address. Contact us by phone, email, or Facebook.
HONORING JIM & BONNIE GREFF
Sunday, June 22nd *(Note date change). Mark your calendars; more details to follow.
Digging Deeper Bible Study
Sundays / 5pm / Conference Room
Are you ready to dig a little deeper & take your Bible knowledge below the surface through the nuances, culture & history that will really bring the Bible to life? Then join us as Jack Hairston answers your questions & gives you insights you may never have even thought about.
17 Veggie Tales Movie Event / 11 am / Family Room
25 Spanish Potluck / noon / Family Room
26 Office Closed for Memorial Day
31 Monthly Work Day
6 Senior Saints Luncheon
Trunk or Treat 2014
Planning will soon begin for this year’s Trunk or Treat. Start by giving some thought to how you would like to serve
Asylum in the Teen Room
Wed @ 7pm: “Can I Ask That?”
Sun @ 9:45 am: “Amplify”
Opp Camp Training
May 18th / Walnut Creek / Leaving Sunday at 2pm
Senior Sunday / Graduation Party
May 25th / 3 – 5 pm / Family Room (MPR)
Seniors: Daniel Olaniyi
Parents of Seniors: Talk to Jordan today
Thursday at 6:30pm
If you struggle with hurts, hang-ups or habits (and don’t we all), we invite you to join us as we journey together on the road to recovery. If you’d like to know more about our Celebrate Recovery program, please check us out on Facebook.
- Worship begins at 6:30 pm
- Open Share Groups at 7:30 pm
- Holy Grounds Cafe Fellowship at 8:30 pm
- Childcare is provided
- Joyce McKenney, her relationship with her Mom
- Julie Vergara, her Mom’s health is declining
- Ron and Roxanne Kemper, traveling
- Mike Cobleigh, recovering from sinus surgery
- Barbara Eramdjian, niece’s baby hospitalized
- Jesse and Alma Magana, traveling
- Suzi Tornberg, struggling with work, pain and work issues
- Anna Alvis, high blood pressure and eye problems
- Larry Long, narrowing disk in his back is causing pain
- Russ Wooten and family, grieving the loss of Russ’s family.
- Rosemary Foster, daughter-in-law diagnosed with breast cancer
- Ron Klieder, better health
- Lawrence & Twila McCullough—better health for both of their sisters
- Joanne Jones—recovering from back surgery
- Grace Wolf—better health and strength
- Cammie Barksdale—healing & peace in her cancer struggle
- Biard Family—strength & encouragement while dealing with family health struggles
Continue to Pray
- Ralph & Mary Ellen Heinrich, Clyde & Joyce Percival, Roy & Mary Whitehead, Ray & Betty Lema, prayers for health & strength
- Margaret Touchton, Iva Heckenliable, Theo Roberts, Hilda Dunn, Sue Hefley, better health
Loved ones with cancer
Deanna Collins / John Greff / Alex Cobleigh / Ralph Heinrich / Cammie Barksdale / Evelyn Lewis
Jody Thompson’s sister / Elene Patton’s father / Myrna Westmoreland / Josephine Kramer / John Bailey’s father / Ron Bates / Don Clasby / Bernadette Younger / Connie Parsons / Lloyd Seagraves / David McCaig / Carol Forest
Upcoming Birthdays & Anniversaries
May 1th, Bailey Newman, Happy Birthday!
May 21st, Ron & Roxanne Kemper, Happy Anniversary!
May 22nd, Glenn Graham & Mona Carper, Happy Birthday!
Start thinking about…
We will start collecting school supplies in August.